Sanatana Yog Sandesh – By the grace of the highest truth, Sanatana Yog Sandesh expresses itself as “A Traditional School of Tantra and Applied Yogic Science”. The word “Sanatana” means continuity and eternity whereas the word “Sandesh” connotes message. Therefore, Yoga at Sanatana Yog Sandesh is, exactly as it was and as it shall ever be. Sanatana Yog Sandesh serves the spirit of Yoga in its unadulterated, unmodified and unaltered form according to the needs and limitations of an individual irrespective of his/her caste, creed, cult, religion, nationality and what so ever. We as channels let the spirit of Yoga flow in its natural way. Our sojourn and work together will facilitate a way to all of us to be practically helpful in our daily life to enjoy all human needs such as food, sleep, sex, myriad relationships and dynamism in activities etc.
Our journey and the Place of practice – The school started its independent practice in 2016 at Fort Cochin, Kerala, India. Since then a considerable number of courses and retreats have successfully been organised in India as well as overseas. At present, we operate from Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India nevertheless, the courses and retreats are organised at different places in India as well as overseas. The school does not own or rent any specific building. For the courses we depend on the premises of other organisations. We make sure, we maintain the requirements of the participants wherever we organise the courses and retreats. Overseas Courses and Retreats are done only at prior request made and proper arrangements provided.
About Rishikesh – Rishikesh is a very ancient and one of the holiest places situated at the bank of the holy river Ganga. This has been the abode of great Swami Sivananda who systematised the obscure ideas of Yoga practically applicable to the modern time. Thousands of people from all parts of the world come to visit Rishikesh for pilgrimage, Yoga and meditation.
Our Services – We offer Yoga Teacher Trainings courses, Yoga Retreats, Live Online Yoga Classe & Counselling, Discourse on Tantra and Yoga etc. that combines ideals of Tantra and different branches of Yoga such as Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Kriya Yoga and Raja Yoga etc. in theory and practice.
Something important – Our courses/retreats are strictly Yogic life-style oriented. We do not identify with any popular or established trends of Yoga in the present time. For better explanation, please look into Tantra and Yoga. We approach Tantra and Yoga as possible human phenomenon divorced from mysticism, occultism and how today we tend to look at anything as scientific. We see the whole ambit of Yoga as human biology and way to cosmic experience which governs and moulds the total range of human existence to experience more than the limited perception. Nothing in and about Yoga for us is a surprise nor anything into and about is mere belief. Popular Saffron and other multi-coloured dresses, holy marks, big hair and beard, images of gods and goddesses however pleasant and alluring though they may appear: long have attracted our attention. This is time, we express we need genuine youth both men and women, in anyway dressed up, marked or unmarked, un-styled or styled hair and beard, with or devoid of any dogmas and cult. We dream of those vibrant youth with greater clarity. And that’s our approach: Yoga beyond limited range of perception.
Adage – “Satisfaction and Freedom” by consciously experiencing physical, mental and causal!
Moral – Give what we want to receive!
Emblem Defined – “The bigger wheel is symbolic of physical body (Sthula Sharira) and Conscious State (Jaagrat Avastha). Infinite lines from the bigger wheel to the smaller one of astral body (Sukshma Sharira) and Sub-conscious State (Swapna Avastha). The smaller wheel of causal body (Karana Sharira) and Unconscious State (Susupta Avastha). The AUM (ॐ) at the center in the diagram stands for the Highest Truth (The fourth state: Turiya; Super-conscious). Therefore the ideal of the emblem is that in order to reach the highest truth, one needs to transcend the 3 layers of existence and awareness. The idea in another way is that the life goes smooth when the harmony of the three layers of bodies or the same of existence (Sattva – Peace, Rajas – Activity and Tamas – Inertia) is established. The Physical, Astral and Causal are also indicative of the three major aspects of Yoga viz: Physical – Karma Yoga, Astral – Bhakti Yoga, Causal – Jnana Yoga.
The piece of verse in Sanskrit (सत्यं परम् धीमहि – Satyam Param Dhimahi) is culled from the greatest of all the Puranas; Srimadabhagavatam, Canto – 1, Chapter – 1, Verse – 1. The Sanskrit words, सत्यं (Satyam) means truth, परम् (Param) means the highest, and धीमहि (Dhimahi) means think, meditate or contemplate. The complete meaning of the piece of verse in Sanskrit is that we think on that Highest Truth”.
Accreditation –Sanatana Yog Sandesh is certified by Yoga Alliance USA and Yoga Alliance International which provide the chances to use the certificate for career and job opportunities.
A. The school offers a wide range of Yoga courses, retreats and trainings etc. As Retreats we offer those published in the website and others such as Tantra work shop, Mindfulness etc. only on prior request made.
B. For information about course/retreat/programme fee, please refer to the relevant pages. The fee for any course and retreat includes only accommodation (same fee for both single or shared room), food, water, electricity, classes, some course materials, general local tours, trips and site-seeings etc. but this does not include airport pick-ups, drop-backs, laundry, longer tours, longer travels and any other emergencies. The payment of fee is non-refundable. If for some reason an individual is unable to join the desired course/retreat/programme for any reason, as alternatives we can consider only in the exceptional situation the payment for the similar course/retreat/programme that he/she might attend in the future or anyone else like near relatives/friends etc. who wish to join the course/retreat/programme for the same duration of time to which the payment was made or the course/retreat/programme to be organised in future.
C. We welcome enquiries about courses, retreats and more Yoga activities to execute them on time. They can be organised in any part of the world if so requested and proper arrangements provided.
All programmes at our school are categorised into the following different heads –
1. Yoga Teacher Training Course –
- 200 Hours Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course – 2150 Euro (21 days)
- 300 Hours Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course – 2750 Euro (28 days)
- 500 Hours Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course – 4550 Euro (49 days)
- 300 Hours Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Course – 3150 Euro (28 days)
- 300 Hours Kriya Yoga Teacher Training Course – 3150 Euro (28 days)
- 300 Hours Raja Yoga Teacher Training Course – 3150 Euro (28 days)
Hereunder is the general schedule for courses and retreats. However this is only tentative subject to any considerable change which the school deems necessary for the proper study and well-being of particular students or group of students according to the present need and circumstances such as health condition, language, academic or Yoga background, interest into discipline and personal experiences etc.
The General Daily Schedule –
The daily schedule starts by 5am. All students should wake up at this time except in some contingencies.
- 5.30am to 7am – Personal practices, morning walk, personal study etc. (Recommended ones)
- 7am to 7.15am – Herbal tea, some kind of healthy and needful drink etc.
- 7.30am to 9.30am – Practical Session
- 9.30am to 10.30am – Main Meal time
- 10.30am to 11.30am – Rest
- 11.30am to 12.30/1pm – Theory
- 1.30pm to 2pm – fruit/fruit juice
- 2pm to 3.30pm – Lecture, practice and Vice-versa
- 3.30pm to 4.30pm – personal cleaning and Karma Yoga
- 4.30pm to 6.30pm – Theory as well as Practical training
- 6.30pm to 7.30pm – Dinner
- 7.30pm to 8.30pm – Kirtan, Chanting, video shows, personal time etc. (This is an optional session but participation of everyone brings a distinct harmony between all of us)
- 9.30pm/10pm – Going to bed
Attention – Each course/retreat is different so we have separate programme and information regarding them though some similarities can be seen. Please, look into the information regarding each course carefully. During the course and your stay, we provide the basic comforts, and facilities needed for students. The charges for the courses are affordable and maximum of this goes in meeting the expenses that we have.
- Each Course and Retreat is open to all above 12 Years age however eligibility for each course/retreat is different mentioned already at the respective page.
- The medium of instruction is in English so please consider carefully whether your English language skills are sufficient.
- For personal health and hygiene, aspirants can bring personal bed sheets, pillowcase, sleeping bag or blanket, medical prescriptions if needed and medicines on regular basis. Other personal things such as torch, umbrella, rain coat, padlock etc. may be needed during stay.
- During the retreat/course and in the class mobile phones, internet, i-pads, computers and use of electronic devices are allowed in the class for the study purposes.
- Please carry your Passport with Visa stamped.
- All aspirants must take full responsibility for their own health and welfare.
- During the courses and retreats we provide nice rooms and simple vegetarian meals conducive for the training.
- All other expenses required, such as additional food or special food, any medical needs, books, clothing, personal requirements and any other miscellaneous expenses are covered by aspirants during their stay.
- Aspirants should bring enough cash to cover the course formalities as well as their own personal requirements throughout the duration of their stay. There are ATM facilities or money exchange agencies in case it is needed.
- Light, loose, comfortable clothing and footwear is most practical in all seasons.
- The course requires aspirants to remain sincere to the disciplines during the entire period of the course such as attending classes on time, observing silence as prescribed, personal practices as prescribed in private room, withdrawing temporarily from the distractions of daily life.
- Use of intoxicants or stimulants like exciting Tea, Coffee, Smoking, Alcohol, Gutkha or any such type of addiction should be avoided for substantial improvement.
- Once travel arrangements are finalised, kindly intimate us your arrival and departure particulars so that necessary arrangements can be made.
- At any point of time if aspirants feel that the place and service is not up to their satisfaction they can withdraw from the programme.
- In case of situation where we don’t find anyone fit for continuing the course/retreat for reasons such as health, attitude etc. the school reserves the right to politely ask one to leave the course/retreat.
- We keep the right to bring some substantial changes regarding the guidelines according to the need to serve you all better.
- We expect all students to co-operate so that our stay and work together might bring convincing result.
- We are happy to receive your kind and wise advice at any point of time.
- We sincerely receive you here with deep thankfulness for gifting us a unique chance to serve you. Let’s meet here to connect with one another and explore Tantra and Yoga with its better understanding. May universe be favourable to you ever is our prayer!
- Looking forward to see you soon here.