The “Pratyahara and Dharana Retreat” is a “Yoga and Meditation” retreat designed for mind training. The Retreat offers different techniques that could help us experience Meditation. There are many techniques with so many different names in Sanskrit such as Antar Mounna, Ajapa Japa, Vipasyana, Chidakasha Dharana, Yoga Nidra, Prana Vidya, Pancha Dharana etc. and in the modern time what we call as “Mindfulness” to work out those abilities of mind. We provide these methods which we can use as tools to attain what is already within us; relaxation, withdrawal, concentration and so on. During this retreat, an individual is expected to follow certain strict disciplines so that the experience of a subtler level can be had.
The Pratyahara and Dharana Retreat is organised for a certain technique which is termed such as – Pratyahara and Dharana Retreat (Antar Mouna), Pratyahara and Dharana Retreat (Prana-Vidya), Pratyahara and Dharana Retreat (Yoga Nidra) and so on.
How it works – From our experiences, we know the ability of mind which can witness, identify with external and internal objects, visualise, imagine, to hold on to any particular internal and external object. These can be used to understand the mind and to explore the recess of the mind. For this the tools are – human body, senses, sense objects, sense perceptions and mind itself. In the retreat, we learn how to use these tools systematically.
Inclusion – 7 nights accommodation, Course material (books, notebook, pen, Jala Neti pot), private consultation, Vegetarian food, 1 ayurvedic massage, 1 sound healing session, weekend excursions and Wi-fi etc.
Exclusion – Flight tickets, longer tours and trips around, medical assistance and things for personal requirements.
Special features –
- The retreat is basic education and preparation for meditation and mind management.
- It helps one to understand the idea of meditation in Yoga and how this can be incorporated into daily life.
- It helps develop needful changes in life style for comparatively healthier, calmer and more peaceful life.
Here are a few things which the participants should be aware of. They are –
- For the retreat, anyone can join who want to be exposed to meditation.
- The students should have some basic understanding of Yoga and meditation. If not then also it is easier to continue in the retreat.
- They should be able to practice discipline of Yoga such as purity, punctuality, early waking up, participation is the daily activities and so on.
- They should be able to motivate themselves to continue with the life-style, the school prescribes for them such as on time classes, food and other guidelines according to the need.