The “Pratyahara and Dharana Retreat” is “meditation” retreat designed for mind training. The Retreat offers different techniques that could help us experience Meditation. There are many techniques with so many different names in Sanskrit such as Antar Mounna, Ajapa Japa, Vipasyana, Chidakasha Dharana, Yoga Nidra, Prana Vidya, Pancha Dharana etc. and in the modern time what we call as “Mindfulness” to work out those abilities of mind. We provide these methods which we can use as tools to attain what is already within us; relaxation, withdrawal, concentration and so on. During this retreat, an individual is expected to follow certain strict disciplines so that the experience of subtler level can be had.
The Pratyahara and Dharana Retreat is organised for a certain technique which is termed such as – Prayahara and Dharana Retreat (Antar Mouna), Pratyahara and Dharana Retreat (Prana-Vidya), Pratyahara and Dharana Retreat (Yoga Nidra) and so on.
How it works – From our experiences, we know the ability of mind which can witness, identify with external and internal objects, visualise, imagine, to hold on to any particular internal and external object. These can be used to understand the mind and to explore the recess of the mind. For this the tools are – human body, senses, sense objects, sense perceptions and mind itself. In the retreat, we learn how to use these tools systematically.
Special features –
- The retreat is basic education and preparation for meditation and mind management.
- It helps one to understand the idea of meditation in Yoga and how this can be incorporated into daily life.
- It helps develop needful changes in life style for comparatively healthier, calmer and more peaceful life.
Here are a few things which the participants should be aware of. They are –
- For the retreat, anyone can join who want to be exposed to meditation.
- The students should have some basic understanding of Yoga and meditation. If not then also it is easier to continue in the retreat.
- They should be able to practice discipline of Yoga such as purity, punctuality, early waking up, participation is the daily activities and so on.
- They should be able to motivate themselves to continue with the life-style, the school prescribes for them such as on time classes, food and other guidelines according to the need.
- Providing of the requisite completing training to the participants endeavour to blossom into integrated personalities with equipoised mind.
- Fetch the attention of people to the importance of meditation which we all need for our further evolution.
7 days (1 weeks) – The total duration for this course is 7 days however with the day of arrival this becomes 8 days.
- Experience in Hatha Yoga practices.
- Sound health physical as well as mental however if there is some health issue, this should be intimated to the school before registering for the retreat.
- To be able to hold a posture of meditation for around 25 minutes.
- More importantly long time practitioners who want experiences of causal level to be a guide to themselves and others in this path.
The “Pratyahara and Dharana Retreat” incorporates several topics which helps one to enter into Yogic culture of meditation. They are –
Asana – (different basic postures from Hatha Yoga such as purificatory asana for lightness and purification of body, Standing, supine, prone – (backward, forward, spine twist), inversion and balance, specific asana for meditation and relaxation such as Sukhasana and variation, Ardha Padmasana, Padmasana, Siddhasana, Siddha Yoni Asana, Swastikasana, Dhyana Veerasana, Vajrasana, Padadhirasana etc.
Pranayama – techniques for correction of breath, breathing to heat and energise, breathing to balancing, breathing to cool and harmonise.
Mudra – Some basic gesture of fingers and body to affect energy in body such as – Jnana, China, Bhirav & Bhairavi etc.
Shat-karma – Jala Neti (Nasal cleansing).
Meditation – Basic practices for mind management such as study of sitting asana, Yogic breathing with awareness, peace establishment, Stillness of body, awareness of senses, awareness of thought process and Yoga Nidra.
More specifically Kayasthairyama, Sharira darshan and Aatmajnana, Bhao aaropan with still things.
Chakra Awareness – Symbols such as Shivalainga, Cresent moon, fire etc.
Body awarenss, Antar Mouna, Chidakasha Dharana
Some other important topics – how to practice different practices of Yoga, how to make programme, ethical guidelines, Yogic life style, holistic approach of Yoga.
Karma Yoga – During the retreat individuals would be required those to participate into Karma Yoga. Depending upon the requirements we may involve you into this.
Suggested Yoga Books for Pratyahara & Dharana Retreat –
Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha – Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Raja Yoga – Swami Vivekananda or
Four Chapters of freedom – Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Yoga Darshan – Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
Anatomy and Physiology – not specified
The daily schedule starts by 5am. All students have to wake up at this time except in some contingencies. The above daily programmes are tentative and subject to change according to need. All classes are held for 6 days in a week.
- 5.30am to 6.30am – Personal practice – (The first day these should be talked about so they can do from the second day)
- 7am – Herbal Drink
- 7.30am to 9am – Hatha Yoga session (Asana, Pranayama, Dhyana)
- 9am to 10am – Lunch
- 11am to 12pm – Lecture on Pranayama and Dhyana
- 1pm to 2 pm – fruits/fruit juice
- 2pm to 4.15pm – Rest
- 4.30pm to 6pm – Asana, pranayama, Dhyana
- 6pm to 7pm – Dinner
- 9pm – Bed time
- 750 EURO only including food and accommodation for one person (both in single bed room and sharing rooms). The course fee is calculated from the day of the commencement of the course until the concluding day of the course. The arrival of the student before the commencement of the course and staying of the students after the concluding day of the course don’t come under the concerned course fee. The students have to pay the extra fee for the concerned days.
- For convenience, we hint at the normal exchange rates which keep changing as per the day – 1 USA$ – 68 rupees Indian, 1 Euro – 72 rupees Indian, 1 Australian$ – 47 rupees Indian, 1 Swedish Kr – 8 rupees Indian. The exchange rate keeps changing. You can always check the current rates at www.xe.com
- The Course Fee includes accommodation and required vegetarian food for 7 nights, text books, a note book, a pen, a new Yoga mat, Jala neti pot, education, private consultation etc.
- The fee does not include Flight tickets, airport Pickups and drop backs, day tours, tours after and before course, any other transport costs and students’ personal expense in miscellaneous ways.
|1 Jan – 7 Jan||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|15 Jan – 21 Jan||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|1 Feb – 7 Feb||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|15 Feb – 21 Feb||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|1 Mar – 7 Mar||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|15 Mar – 21 Mar||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|1 Apr – 7 Apr||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|15 Apr – 21 Apr||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|1 May – 7 May||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|15 May – 21 May||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|1 Jun – 7 Jun||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|15 Jun – 21 Jun||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|1 Jul – 7 July||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|15 Jul – 21 Jul||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|1 Sep – 7 Sep||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|15 Sept – 21 Sep||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|1 Oct – 7 Oct||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|15 Oct – 21 Oct||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|1 Nov – 7 Nov||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|15 Nov – 21 Nov||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|1 Dec – 7 Dec||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
|15 Dec – 21 Dec||Rishikesh||7||750€||Open||Apply|
Registration – Please write to us via our email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check the availability of a place. It the place is available we will request you to fill in the registration form online. Then you need to make non-refundable deposit to finally be selected for the course.
Deposit – A non-refundable deposit of 300 Euro only excluding bank charges/commissions is required to confirm the candidature in Yoga teacher training course. Please follow Payment Option.
Cancellation of the application for the course – For the time being we do not provide this facility. Therefore, properly decide before you deposit the amount for the course.
Remaining Payment – The remainder payments can be made after arrival. For more details please look into Orientation guide in Download.