The “Health Restoration Yoga Retreat”, is a special Yoga retreat in which the application of Yoga is served with a view to attaining sound health, vitality and a calmer mind. Anyone suffering from physiological, psycho-somatic or somatic-psycho problems and is willing to achieve the state of good health or someone with sound health wants to understand the mechanism of Yogic disciplines for maintaining the sound health this retreat for sure allows him/her to restore the harmonious balance of body, mind and emotion which results into total health and renewed energy. The practices of the disciplines of Yoga combined with conducive atmosphere, lifestyle and diet brings convincing and perhaps astonishing benefits.
Some common health problems like – Asthma, Sinusitis, Headache, Migraine, Short Sightedness and Long Sightedness, Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism, High and Low BP, Arthritis, Common Cold, Hyper and Hypo acidity, Tonsillitis, Indigestion, Constipation, Colitis, Gastro-enteritis, Diabetes, Obesity, Arthritis, Cervical Spondylitis, Back Pain, Slipped Disc and Sciatica, Depression, Nocturnal Emission, Impotence, Vaginismus, Prolapse, Menstrual Disorders, Hernia, Skin diseases, Personality Disorders, Insomnia etc. are sure to be properly managed if these disciplines are maintained in the daily life style.
Some important information about the retreat – For the retreat, a great degree of self-motivation is essential. Here are a few things which the participants should be aware of. They are –
- It is important that the students should have basic understanding of Yoga which means they are exposed to Yoga practices.
- They should be able to practice discipline of Yoga such as purity, punctuality, early waking up as prescribed, participation in the daily activities and so on.
- They should be able to motivate themselves to continue with the life-style, the school prescribes for them such as on time classes, food and other guidelines according to the need.
- During the retreat aspirants have to maintain compact discipline prescribed.
- For personal health and hygiene, aspirants can bring personal bed sheets, pillowcase, sleeping bag or blanket.
- Medical prescriptions, medicines on regular basis must also be brought.
- Other personal things such as torch, umbrella, padlock etc. may be needed during stay.
- Providing of the requisite training to the participants to attain sound health, vitality and a calmer mind.
- Fetch the attention of people to the importance of Yoga which enables us to revitalize the entire system for the experience of sound health.
21 days (3 weeks) – The total duration for this retreat is 21 days however with the day of arrival this becomes 22 days.
- Good command on English language as this is the medium of education.
- The retreat is open to everyone above 12 years age who wants to understand sound health and wants to know the means to achieve this can fine great hope into Yoga.
The Programme Model – We arrange this programme depending upon the requests made and also depending upon the facilities we can provide to the seekers. In general the design of the programme is made to work on certain specific kind of health issues and we name them as Health Restoration Yoga Retreat for Back pain, Health Restoration Yoga Retreat for Diabetes and Health Restoration Yoga Retreat for Insomnia etc. According to the possibilities and enquiries in hand we organise these different retreats.
Additional Study – During our retreat we include study of Ayurveda, Philosophy, Importance of massage and other alternative modes of healing according to requirements.
Karma Yoga – During the retreat individuals undergo experiences which require to be assimilated within for which Karma Yoga is the best means. Depending upon the requirements we may involve you into this.
The main practices come from Hatha Yoga which are blended with practices from Raja Yoga, Kriya Yoga and Kundalini Yoga as well. They are –
Asana – (different basic postures from Hatha Yoga such as purificatory asana for lightness and purification of body, Standing, supine, prone – (backward, forward, spine twist), inversion and balance.
Pranayama – techniques for correction of breath, breathing to heat and energise, breathing to balancing, breathing to cool and harmonise.
Mudra – Some basic gesture of fingers and body to affect energy in body.
Bandha – Basic idea of locking the energy in body. (In case needed).
Shat-karma – Some purificatory practices in Yoga such as nasal cleansing etc. (In case needed).
Meditation – Basic practices for mind management such as study of sitting asana, Yogic breathing with awareness, peace establishment, Stillness of body, awareness of senses, awareness of thought process and Yoga Nidra.
Attention – Every retreat is with people from different situation so there is always a requirement for change in the programme mentioned here.
Other important topics to study – Brief study regarding how to design the Yoga practices, how to practice, ethical guidelines and life style, philosophical perspectives of Yoga, Yoga, its meaning, definitions, aims, selected topics from Yoga Sutra (Antahakaran, Chitta, Antarayah, Ishwara, Aum, Samadhi, 5 Kleshas, 8 limbs) etc.
Relevant Yoga Books for Health Restoration Yoga Retreat –
Yogic management of Common Diseases – Dr. Swami Karmananda
Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha – Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Raja Yoga – Swami Vivekananda or
Four chapters on freedom – Swami Satynananda Saraswati
Anatomy and Physiology – not specified
The daily schedule usually starts by 5am. All students have to wake up at this time except in some contingencies. The above daily programmes are tentative and subject to change according to need. All classes are held for 6 days in a week.
- 5.30am to 7am – Personal practices as suggested
- 7am to 7.15am – Herbal tea/Drink
- 7.30am to 9 am – Yoga Practices (those which are needed)
- 9am to 10am – Brunch
- 12pm to 1 pm – Fruit/fruit juice
- 2.30pm to 3.30pm – Yoga Practices (those which are needed)
- 4.30pm to 6pm – Yoga Practices (needed)
- 6pm to 7pm – Dinner
- 9pm – Bed time
- 2150 EURO only in general. But the fee can vary by being more or less which depends upon the kind of retreats we organise. The fee is calculated from the day of the commencement of the course until the concluding day of the course. The arrival of the student before the commencement of the course and staying of the students after the concluding day of the course don’t come under the concerned course fee. The students have to pay the extra fee for the concerned days.
- For convenience, we hint at the normal exchange rates which keep changing as per the day – 1 USA$ – 68 rupees Indian, 1 Euro – 72 rupees Indian, 1 Australian$ – 47 rupees Indian, 1 Swedish Kr – 8 rupees Indian. The exchange rate keeps changing. You can always check the current rates at www.xe.com.
- The retreat Fee includes accommodation for one person (both in single bed room and sharing rooms), required vegetarian food for 21 nights, text books, a note book, a pen, a new Yoga mat, Jala neti pot, education, private consultation etc.
- The fee does not include flight tickets, airport pick-ups and drop-backs, day tours, tours after and before course, any other transport costs and students’ personal expense in miscellaneous ways.
Enquiries Open – please write to us via email (email@example.com).
Registration – Please write to us via our email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check the availability of a place. It the place is available we will request you to fill in the registration form online. Then you need to make non-refundable deposit to finally be selected for the course.
Deposit – A non-refundable deposit of 300 Euro only excluding bank charges/commissions is required to confirm the candidature in Yoga teacher training course. Please follow Payment Option.
Cancellation of the application for the course – For the time being we do not provide this facility. Therefore, properly decide before you deposit the amount for the course.
Remaining Payment – The remainder payments can be made after arrival. For more details please look into Orientation guide in Download.