The 500 Hours Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course is a fully residential course systematic designed with theory as well as practical classes. The course is the grand combination of 200 hours and 300 hours Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Courses. In this course all the components of Hatha Yoga such as Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha and Shat-karma are discussed beginning with at their basic level and as the course progresses it includes deeper aspects of Hatha Yoga.
Very important – In the 500 Hours Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course, at first a student completes the 200 Hours Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course form our school or if he already has a 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course, then he begins the 300 hours Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course which together makes 500 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course. By the end of the concerned course the student receives the certificate which altogether is 2 different certificates of 2 different levels (one of 200 hours and another of 300 hours).
500 Hours Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course and assessment – The entire teacher training is the assessment of the students at all levels including practical and written tests. At the successful completion of the course an aspirant will be conferred upon a certificate indicating that the aspirant is qualified to impart the techniques in which he or she has been trained.
Inclusions – 48 nights accommodation (Shared accommodation & Private rooms), Course material (books, notebook, pen, Jala Neti pot), Private Yoga consultation, Vegetarian food (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), 1 sound healing session, Weekend excursions (Temple visit for the Rising sun, visit nearby temples, Ran Jhula, Laxman Jhula, Rishikesh city) and Wi-fi etc.
Exclusions – Flight tickets, airport pick up and drop, longer tours and trips around, travel and cancellation insurance, medical assistance and things for personal requirements.
Things to do – Camping, Hiking, meditate at holy Ganga beach, Ganga Aarti, visit – ancient temples, ashrams, holy people and Rishikesh city, waterfall, river rafting, Ayurveda massage, Shopping and others.
How to arrive (Airports) – New Delhi International Airport (IGI) located around 240 km from Rishikesh, Jolly Grant Domestic Airport Dehradun located around 20 km from Rishikesh. From both airports cab/car services are available to reach Rishikesh at our school. If you wish we may organize your transfer to the centre at reasonable fair.
Accreditation – Sanatana Yog Sandesh is certified by Yoga Alliance USA and Yoga Alliance International which provide the chances to use the certificate for career and job opportunities. Upon successful completion of the course students are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance USA as Registered Yoga Teachers (E-RYT).
49 days (7 weeks) – The total duration for this course is 49 days however with the day of arrival this becomes 50 days.
The 500 Hours Yoga teacher training course requires a great degree of self-motivation. It is open to everyone however underwritten needs some consideration –
- The students should have a basic understanding of Yoga which means they are exposed to Yoga practices.
- The participants who have already completed a 200 hours Yoga teacher training course may also join the training
- They should be able to practice the discipline of Yoga such as purity, punctuality, early waking up, participation in daily activities and so on.
- Good command on English language as this is the medium of education.
- Medical fitness; physical as well as mental. In cases otherwise we must be detailed the individual limitation along with medical report.
- Commitment for a longer stay in order to undergo the intensive training of total 500 hours split into 2 different levels of trainings – 200 and 300 hours.
500 Hours Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course (Split into 200 hours and 300 hours), incorporates a variety of topics. All these topics come under these following heads –
1. Techniques, Training and Practice – It incorporates several practices of Hatha Yoga which students will study in the Yoga teacher training course. They are –
Asana – (Journey from different basic postures of Hatha Yoga such as purificatory asana for lightness and purification of body, Standing, supine, prone – (backward, forward, spine twist), inversion and balance to intermediate and advance asana.
Pranayama – From techniques for correction of breath, breathing to heat and energise, breathing to balance, breathing to cool and to harmonise, to advance techniques such as breathing with internal as well as external retention with mudra and bandha.
Mudra – Important gesture of fingers, head, perineum and body to affect energy in body.
Bandha – Important practices of locking the energy in the body.
Shat-karma – Some specific purificatory practices in Yoga such as nasal cleansing, vomiting, intestinal cleansing etc.
Meditation – Basic practices for mind management such as study of sitting asana, Yogic breathing with awareness, peace establishment, Stillness of body, awareness of senses, awareness of thought process and Various kinds of classical meditation and Yoga Nidra.
2. Teaching Methodology – This is a combination of complex topics such as designing Yoga class, how to teach different practices of Yoga, how to be good Yoga teacher, ethical guidelines, develop communication skills, time management, principles of demonstration, assistance, awareness, correction, styles of teaching, specific needs of individuals in a Yoga class and business aspects of Yoga teaching etc.
3. Anatomy and Physiology –
(a) Modern Human anatomy and Physiology (Nervous System, Skeletal System, Muscular System, Respiratory System, Digestive, Cardiovascular System, Endocrine System), important Joints and their movements in different Asana, important muscles and their movements in different Asana).
(b) Yoga Human anatomy and Physiology (composition of Human body (3 Bodies, 5 elements, 5 Koshas, Nadis, Chakra, Kundalini).
(c) Holistic approach of Yoga (learning how the system of Yoga needs to be incorporated for human well-being of body, mind, emotion and spirit).
4. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers – Description of the term Philosophy, Philosophical perspectives of Yoga, Yoga, its meaning, definitions, aims and objectives, Historical development of Yoga. Schools of Yoga, Brief discussion on Vedas, Samkhya Philosophy, 3 Bodies, 5 elements, 5 Koshas, Nadis, Chakra, Kundalini, some glimpses from Shrimadbhagavada Gita, Yoga Sutra of Patanjali full study.
5. Practicum – Practice of teaching different practices in groups as the lead instructor, observe and assist while others teaching, focus on specific practices and compiling feedback etc.
Suggested Yoga Books for 500 Hours Yoga teacher training course –
Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha – Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Raja Yoga – Swami Vivekananda or
Four Chapters on Freedom – Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Yoga Darshan – Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
Anatomy and Physiology – not specified
The daily schedule for 500 Hours Traditional Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course starts is tentative and subject to change according to need. All classes are held for 6 days in a week.
- 6.30am to 7am – Herbal tea/Drink
- 7am to 8.30am – Hatha Yoga Asana, Pranayama and other practices followed by Relaxation
- 8.30am to 9.30am – Breakfast
- 10am to 11am – Anatomy
- 11.15am to 12.15pm – Yoga Humanities and Philosophy
- 12.15pm to 1pm – personal cleaning and Karma Yoga
- 1pm to 2pm – Lunch
- 3.30pm to 4.30 – Meditation and Relaxation (lecture, practice and Vice-versa), Professional essentials (teaching methodology, professional development, practicum) and Yoga business tools
- 5pm to 6.30pm – Asana alignment and adjustments (theory and practical training with teaching practices)
- 6.30pm to 7.30pm – Dinner
- 7.30 to 8.30pm – Kirtan, Chanting and video show etc. (optional session)
- 9pm – Bed time
Registration – Please Register or write to us via our email – (email@example.com) to check the availability of a place. It the place is available we will request you to fill in the registration form online. Then you need to make non-refundable deposit to finally be selected for the course.
Deposit – A non-refundable deposit of 300 Euro only for overseas, NRI students and total course fee only for Indian students plus transaction charges/commissions is required to confirm the candidature in Yoga teacher training course. Please follow Payment.
Cancellation of the application for the course – For the time being we do not provide this facility. Therefore, properly decide before you deposit the amount for the course.
Remaining Payment – The remainder payments can be made after arrival. For more details please look into Orientation guide in Download.
Accommodation, Food & Drink, Airports etc. – Please follow Accommodation and Yoga School.