The 500 hours Yoga Teacher Training Course is a fully residential course systematic designed with theory as well as practical classes. The course is the grand combination of 200 hours and 300 hours Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Courses. In this course all the components of Hatha Yoga such as Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha and Shat-karma are discussed beginning with at their basic level and as the course progresses it includes deeper aspects of Hatha Yoga.
Yoga Teacher Training and assessment – The entire teacher training is the assessment of the students at all levels including practical and written tests. At the successful completion of the course an aspirant will be conferred upon a certificate indicating that the aspirant is qualified to impart the techniques in which he or she has been trained.
Pre-requisites – For 500 Hours Yoga teacher training course, a great degree of self-motivation is essential. Here are a few things which the participants should be aware of. They are –
- The students should have basic understanding of Yoga which means they are exposed to Yoga practices.
- They should be able to practice discipline of Yoga such as purity, punctuality, early waking up, participation is the daily activities and so on.
- They should be able to motivate themselves to continue with the life-style, the school prescribes for them such as on time classes, food and other guidelines according to the need.
Accreditation – Sanatana Yog Sandesh is certified by Yoga Alliance USA and Yoga Alliance International which provide the chances to use the certificate for career and job opportunities.
- Providing the requisite training to the participants for 500 hours at one study programme.
- Endeavour to blossom into integrated personalities with balance of head, heart and hand.
- Unearthing the true principles of Hatha Yoga and their components to the participants in the easiest possible way.
- To offer to the world at large well trained Hatha Yoga Teachers.
49 days (7 weeks) – The total duration for this course is 49 days however with the day of arrival this becomes 50 days.
The course welcomes all however underwritten need some consideration –
- Good command on English language as this is the medium of education.
- Medical fitness; physical as well as mental. In cases otherwise we must be detailed the individual limitation along with medical report.
500 hours Hatha Yoga teacher training course incorporates a variety of topics. All these topics come under these following heads –
1. Techniques, Training and Practice – It incorporates several practices of Hatha Yoga which students will study in the Yoga teacher training course. They are –
Asana – (Journey from different basic postures of Hatha Yoga such as purificatory asana for lightness and purification of body, Standing, supine, prone – (backward, forward, spine twist), inversion and balance to intermediate and advance asana.
Pranayama – From techniques for correction of breath, breathing to heat and energise, breathing to balance, breathing to cool and to harmonise, to advance techniques such as breathing with internal as well as external retention with mudra and bandha.
Mudra – Important jestures of fingers, head, perineum and body to affect energy in body. Bandha – Important practices of locking the energy in body.
Shat-karma – Some specific purificatory practices in Yoga such as nasal cleansing, vomiting, intestinal cleansing etc.
Meditation – Basic practices for mind management such as study of sitting asana, Yogic breathing with awareness, peace establishment, Stillness of body, awareness of senses, awareness of thought process and Various kinds of classical meditation and Yoga Nidra.
2. Teaching Methodology – This is a combination of complex topics such as designing Yoga class, how to teach different practices of Yoga, how to be good Yoga teacher, ethical guidelines, develop communication skills, time management, principles of demonstration, assistance, awareness, correction, styles of teaching, specific needs of individuals in a Yoga class and business aspects of Yoga teaching etc.
3. Anatomy and Physiology –
(a) Modern Human anatomy and Physiology (Nervous System, Skeletal System, Muscular System, Respiratory System, Digestive, Cardiovascular System, Endocrine System), important Joints and their movements in different Asana, important muscles and their movements in different Asana).
(b) Yoga Human anatomy and Physiology (composition of Human body (5 elements, 5 Koshas, 3 bodies, Nadis, Chakra, Kundalini).
(c) Holistic approach of Yoga (learning how system of Yoga needs to be incorporated for human well-being of body, mind, emotion and spirit).
4. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers – Description of the term Philosophy, Philosophical perspectives of Yoga, Yoga, its meaning, definitions, aims and objectives, Historical development of Yoga (Pre-classical, Classical, Post-classical and Modern Approach), Schools of Yoga, Brief discussion on Vedas, Samkhya Philosophy, Selected topics from Yoga Sutra (Antahakaran, Chitta, Antarayah, Ishwara, Aum, Samadhi, 5 Kleshas, 8 limbs, Samyama, Kaivalya), 5 elements, 5 Koshas, 3 bodies, Nadis, Chakra, Kundalini and Srimadabhagavada Gita, Yoga Sutra of Patanjali full study.
5. Practicum – Practice of teaching different practices in groups as the lead instructor, observe and assist while others teaching, focus on specific practices and compiling feedback etc.
Suggested Yoga Books for 200 Hours Yoga teacher training course –
Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha – Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Raja Yoga – Swami Vivekananda or
Four Chapters of freedom – Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Yoga Darshan – Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
Anatomy and Physiology – not specified
The daily schedule starts by 5am. All students should wake up at this time except in some contingencies. The programmes are tentative and subject to change according to need. All classes are held for 6 days in a week.
- 5.30am to 7am – Personal practices (recommended ones)
- 7am to 7.15am – Herbal tea/Drink
- 7.30am to 9.30am – Hatha Yoga Asana and Pranayama followed by Relaxation
- 9.30am to 10.30am – Big Meal (lunch)
- 10.30am to 11.30am – Rest
- 11.30am to 12.30pm – Lecture (Anatomy, Philosophy etc.)
- 1pm to 1.30pm – Fruit/fruit juice
- 2pm to 3.30pm – Meditation, Relaxation: Lecture and practice and Vice-versa)
- 3.30pm to 4.30 – personal cleaning and Karma Yoga
- 4.30pm to 6.30pm – Asana, Alignment and Adjustments (theory and practical training, teaching practices)
- 6.30pm to 7.30pm – Dinner
- 7.30 to 8.30pm – Kirtan, Chanting and video show etc. (optional session)
- 9pm – Bed time
- 4550 Euro only including food and accommodation for one person (both in single bed room and sharing rooms). The course fee is calculated from the day of the commencement of the course until the concluding day of the course. The arrival of the student before the commencement of the course and staying of the students after the concluding day of the course don’t come under the concerned course fee. The students have to pay the extra fee for the concerned days.
- For convenience, we hint at the normal exchange rates which keep changing as per the day – 1 USA$ – 68 rupees Indian, 1 Euro – 72 rupees Indian, 1 Australian$ – 47 rupees Indian, 1 Swedish Kr – 8 rupees Indian. The exchange rate keeps changing. You can always check the current rates at www.xe.com
- The Course Fee includes accommodation and required vegetarian food for 22 nights, text books, a note book, a pen, a new Yoga mat, Jala neti pot, education, private consultation etc.
- The fee does not include Flight tickets, airport Pickups and drop backs, day tours, tours after and before course, any other transport costs and students’ personal expense in miscellaneous ways.
|01 Jan – 18 Feb||Rishikesh||500||4550€||Open||Apply|
|01 March – 18 Apr||Rishikesh||500||4550€||Open||Apply|
|01 May – 19 Jun||Rishikesh||500||4550€||Open||Apply|
|01 Jul – 18 Aug||Rishikesh||500||4550€||Open||Apply|
|01 Nov – 19 Dec||Rishikesh||500||4550€||Open||Apply|
Registration – Please write to us via our email – (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check the availability of a place. It the place is available we will request you to fill in the registration form online. Then you need to make non-refundable deposit to finally be selected for the course.
Deposit – A non-refundable deposit of 300 Euro only excluding bank charges/commissions is required to confirm the candidature in Yoga teacher training course. Please follow Payment Option.
Cancellation of the application for the course – For the time being we do not provide this facility. Therefore, properly decide before you deposit the amount for the course.
Remaining Payment – The remainder payments can be made after arrival. For more details please look into Orientation guide in Download.