Kriya Yoga – The “Kriya Yoga” is one of the most ancient branches of Yoga. It mainly consists of various levels of specific Pranayama, Bandha, Mantra, Awareness, Asana and Mudra which intends to accelerate inner unfoldment. There are two popular schools of Kriya Yoga. The one former was taught by Paramhamsa Yoganandaand another later developed by Swami Sivananda Saraswati.The great exponent of Yoga Swami Sivananda Saraswati initiated Swami Satyananda Saraswatiinto the knowledge of Kriya Yoga. Swami Satyananda Saraswati designed the teachings of Kriya Yoga very appropriate for the good of humanity. In the course we express the method taught by great Swami Satyananda Saraswati.Please find more information about Kriya Yoga.
300 Hours Kriya Yoga Teacher Training Course is a fully residential Yoga Teacher Training Course systematic designed with theory as well as practical classes (specific traditional Kriyas) of Kriya Yoga.
Yoga Teacher Training and assessment – The entire teacher training is the assessment of the students at all levels including practical and written tests. At the successful completion of the course an aspirant will be conferred upon a certificate indicating that the aspirant is qualified to impart the techniques in which he or she has been trained.
Pre-requisites – For 300 Hours Kriya Yoga teacher training course, a great degree of self-motivation is essential. Here are a few things which the participants should be aware of. They are –
- The students are well exposed to Yoga practices and have developed efficiency into them.
- They should be able to practice discipline of Yoga such as purity, punctuality, early waking up, participation is the daily activities and so on.
- They should be able to motivate themselves to continue with the life-style, the school prescribes for them such as on time classes, food and other guidelines according to the need.
- Providing of the requisite training to the participants already exposed to Yoga practices in their endeavour to blossom into integrated personalities with balance of head, heart and hand with a view to attaining spiritual awakening.
- Fetch the attention of people to other unnoticed aspects of Yoga which we all need for our further evolution.
- More importantly attracting the teachers of Yoga in the world who are seeking beyond the jugglery of physical exercises so that they may experience deeper layers of existence, help themselves and other in the path of transformation.
- To offer to the world at large well trained Kriya Yoga Teachers.
28 days (4 weeks) – The total duration for this course is 28 days however with the day of arrival this becomes 29 days.
The course is open only to those who have ample perfection in Hatha Yoga practices. To clarify this more, the participant need to estimate these followings –
- Good command on English language as this is the medium of education.
- Complete medical fitness; physical as well as mental.
- To be able to hold a posture of meditation for at least 20 minutes, hold a posture of Hatha Yoga conveniently for some seconds (5 seconds) without any discomfort.
- To have the capacity to hold the breath for 5 to 10 seconds in continuity of any practice without difficulty.
- More importantly long time practitioners who want experiences of causal level to be a guide to themselves and others in this path.
Kriya Yoga teacher training course incorporates a variety of topics. All these topics come under these following heads –
1. Techniques, Training and Practice – It incorporates several practices of Hatha Yoga (specific one with different orientation, breathing and visualisation) which students study in the Kriya Yoga teacher training course. They are –
Asana – Specific postures from Hatha Yoga including purificatory asana for lightness and purification of body, postures from the group of asana like Standing, supine, prone – (backward, forward, spine twist), inversion and balance and asanas from Padmasana (Lotus series).
Pranayama – Techniques for correction of breath, breathing to heat and energise, breathing to balance, cool and harmonise. Additionally higher techniques of breathings with awareness, visualisations, retention and use of mudra and bandha during breathing.
Mudra – Various important gestures of fingers and body to affect and manipulate energy in body.
Bandha – Deeper practices of locking the energy in body.
Shat-karma – Important purificatory practices in Yoga under Shatkarma (6 cleansing techniques).
Meditation – For Mind management such study of sitting asana, Yogic breathing with different levels of awareness, Stillness of body, different kinds of meditation with breath, sound, elements, layers of body, chakra, specific Kriya Yoga meditation and Yoga Nidra.
2. Teaching Methodology – This is a combination of complex topics such as designing a Kriya Yoga class, how to teach different practices of Kriya Yoga, how to be good Kriya Yoga teacher, ethical guidelines, develop communication skills, time management, principles of demonstration, assistance, awareness, correction, styles of teaching, specific needs of individuals in a Yoga class and business aspects of Yoga teaching etc.
3. Anatomy and Physiology –
(a) Modern Human anatomy and Physiology (Nervous System in broad detail, Respiratory System in broad detail, Digestive System, Endocrine System, Cardiovascular System, Reproductive System), important Joints and their movements in different Asana, important muscles and their movements in different Asana,
(b) Yoga Human anatomy and physiology (co-relation to modern human anatomy and physiology, discussion on composition of Human body according to Yoga and their relation to the study of human body in modern study – 5 elements, 5 Koshas, 3 bodies, Nadis, Chakra and Kundalini).
(c) Holistic approach of Yoga (learning how system of Yoga needs to be incorporated for human well-being of body, mind, emotion and spirit).
4. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers – Revision of some topics like Philosophy, Philosophical perspectives of Yoga, Yoga, its meaning, definitions, aims and objectives, historical development of Yoga (Pre-classical, Classical, Post-classical and Modern Approach), Schools of Yoga, brief talk on Vedas, Samkhya Philosophy, selected topics from Yoga Sutra (Antahkaran, Chitta, Antarayah, Ishwara, Aum, Samadhi, Kriya Yoga, 5 Kleshas, 8 limbs, Samyama, Kaivalya), important topics from Srimadabhagavada Gita, 5 elements, 5 Koshas, 3 bodies, Nadis, Chakra, Kundalini, Kriya Yoga, detailed talk on Kriya Yoga along with its root, development, Great teachers of Kriya Yoga, schools of Kriya Yoga, contents and methodology of Kriya Yoga and great aspects of Kriya Yoga for spiritual evolution etc.
5. Practicum – Practice of teaching different practices in groups as the lead instructor, observe and assist while others teaching, focus on specific practices and compiling feedback etc.
Karma Yoga – During the course individuals undergo experiences which require those to be assimilated within for which Karma Yoga is the best means. Depending upon the requirements we many incorporate this as well.
Suggested Yoga Books for 200 Hours Yoga teacher training course –
Yoga and Kriya – Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Kundalini Tantra – Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Kundalini Yoga – Swami Sivananda Saraswati
Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha – Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Prana and Pranayama – Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
The Science of Pranayama – Swami Sivananda Saraswati
Raja Yoga – Swami Vivekananda
Anatomy and Physiology – not specified
The daily schedule starts by 5am. All students have to wake up at this time except in some contingencies. The daily programmes are tentative and subject to change according to need. All classes are held for 6 days in a week.
- 5.30am to 7am – Personal practices (Recommended ones)
- 7am to 7.15am – Herbal tea/Drink
- 7.30am to 9.30am – Asana, Pranayama followed by Relaxation
- 9.30am to 10.30am – Meal time
- 10.30am to 11.30am – Rest
- 11.30am to 12.30pm – Lecture (Anatomy, Philosophy etc.)
- 1pm to 1.30pm – Fruit/fruit juice
- 2pm to 3.30pm – (Meditation, Relaxation: Lecture and practice and Vice-versa)
- 3.30pm to 4.30 – personal cleaning and Karma Yoga
- 4.30pm to 6.30pm – (Asana, Alignment and Adjustments: theory and practical training, teaching practices)
- 6.30pm to 7.30pm – Dinner
- 7.30 to 8.30pm – Kirtan, Chanting, video shows, personal time etc. (This is an optional session but participation of everyone brings a distinct harmony between all of us)
- 9pm – Bed time
- 3150 EURO only including food and accommodation for one person (both in single bed room and sharing rooms). The course fee is calculated from the day of the commencement of the course until the concluding day of the course. The arrival of the student before the commencement of the course and staying of the students after the concluding day of the course don’t come under the concerned course fee. The students have to pay the extra fee for the concerned days.
- For convenience, we hint at the normal exchange rates which keep changing as per the day – 1 USA$ – 68 rupees Indian, 1 Euro – 72 rupees Indian, 1 Australian$ – 47 rupees Indian, 1 Swedish Kr – 8 rupees Indian. The exchange rate keeps changing. You can always check the current rates at www.xe.com
- The Course Fee includes accommodation and required vegetarian food for 28 nights, text books, a note book, a pen, a new Yoga mat, Jala neti pot, education, private consultation etc.
- The fee does not include Flight tickets, airport Pickups and drop backs, day tours, tours after and before course, any other transport costs and students’ personal expense in miscellaneous ways.
|01 Jan – 28 Jan||Rishikesh||300||3150€||Open||Apply|
|01 Feb – 28 Feb||Rishikesh||300||3150€||Open||Apply|
|01 Mar – 28 Mar||Rishikesh||300||3150€||Open||Apply|
|01 Apr – 28 Apr||Rishikesh||300||3150€||Open||Apply|
|01 May – 28 May||Rishikesh||300||3150€||Open||Apply|
|01 Jun – 28 Jun||Rishikesh||300||3150€||Open||Apply|
|01 Jul – 28 Jul||Rishikesh||300||3150€||Open||Apply|
|01 Aug – 28 Aug||Rishikesh||300||3150€||Open||Apply|
|01 Sep – 28 Sep||Rishikesh||300||3150€||Open||Apply|
|01 Oct – 28 Oct||Rishikesh||300||3150$||Open||Apply|
|01 Nov – 28 Nov||Rishikesh||300||3150€||Open||Apply|
|01 Dec – 28 Dec||Rishikesh||300||3150€||Open||Apply|
Registration – Please write to us via our email (email@example.com), to check the availability of a place. It the place is available we will request you to fill in the registration form online. Then you need to make non-refundable deposit to finally be selected for the course.
Deposit – A non-refundable deposit of 300 EURO only excluding bank charges/commissions is required to confirm the candidature in Yoga teacher training course. Please follow Payment Option.
Cancellation of the application for the course – For the time being we do not provide this facility. Therefore, properly decide before you deposit the amount for the course.
Remaining Payment – The remainder payments can be made after arrival. For more details please look into Orientation guide in Download.